Monday, January 11, 2016

My Travel Experience into Alicante Airport.

Hello All,

My name is Jocelyn Hernandez and I am currently studying abroad in Murcia Spain. First of all, the travel from U.S. to Spain was pretty long and tiring. It was very tiring because my bags were very heavy. I had packed a lot of stuff, but I had to make sure that my bags were less than 50 pounds otherwise I would have had to pay a very expensive fee. I went with my friend Ketyra and we met at the airport. I really liked the airplane service because they offered a variety of food. I had a cheese omelet, potatoes, apple juice, and other snacks. Later, I had a sandwich for lunch and some water. I fell asleep for a few hours and then I woke up when the pilot mentioned that we had arrived to London. The airport in London was very nice and spacious. I thought London was going to be cold like Chicago but it was actually pretty warm. My mom made me wear a jacket because she though London was going to be cold and now I kind of regret that decision, because that means less space in my suitcase when I come back home. Furthermore, Ketyra and I had to wait at the airport to get our bags because they forgot them inside their cargo. (I thought they had lost our luggage and I was about to go into panic mode, because I had a dream about something like this happening and I just knew that my dream was a bad omen). Thankfully, it was all a miscommunication or bad organization but we received our luggage on time.We then took a bus in order for us to get into another connecting flight in London. I would like to mention that the bus in London is quite expensive, because we paid 25 pounds to get us from Heathrow Airport to Gatwick Airport. 

That's Ketyra and I waiting for the bus. (Yes, we took a selfie). Ketyra was such a doll for taking such a good picture of me, although I looked like a zombie because I was very tired. 


The bus ride to the other London airport took about an hour and a half. We had to stay in Gatwick Airport for at least 7-8 hours, because we arrived at Gatwick around 1:15 a.m. and our flight to Alicante wasn't until 9:40 a.m. It was boring, but we made he most of it by going to a cafe, and exploring the airport.  

The picture above is the Cafe we went to. It was very cute and we had really good breakfast there, it's called Costa so you should definitely try it out! When it's 9:40 a.m. I should be departing to Alicante and going into Murcia, so make sure you keep reading my little adventures to find out more about Murcia, Spain and my traveling experience. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment