Monday, January 11, 2016

Finally at Alicante Now Let's Go to Murcia!!!

Hello again,

It was January 7th when we arrived to Alicante at 1:30 p.m.Who knew traveling could be so exhausting? Although it was fun, exhausting, and scary (the airport almost lost my luggage in London!) I was able to get some sleep and enjoy the ride. I would like to mention that our flight departed 20 minutes late, thus arriving 20 minutes late as well. That kind of sucked because we missed the bus at 1:15 p.m. from Alicante to Murcia, Spain. However, the airplane was pretty nice and they served wine on the plane. My first time ever drinking wine on a plane! It was also exciting because we didn't have to show ID or anything, so thank you Great Britain!! Anyways, we finally arrived to our destination around 1:30 p.m. and I had a lot of problems trying to connect to the internet in Alicante Airport. I was very frustrated because my friend Alicia who was an exchange student at Millikin University lives in Murcia and was going to pick Ketyra and I from the bus station in Murcia. I really needed the internet because I had to let Alicia know when we'll be taking the bus so she can be at the bus station when we arrived. After several tries I was finally able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I was so happy that I texted Alicia the time we were leaving Alicante and I called my dad to let him know that I was okay and that I had arrived to Alicante safely. My dad freaks out about things that involve me traveling alone to an unknown country and city, plus he saw the movie "Taken" and that just made things worse. 

The picture below is of me waiting for the bus at Alicante, I tried to get the landscape but my arms are too short! Plus, it was really windy and I was afraid my phone would've flown away. 

Here you go! I knew I took a picture of the surrounding of Alicante. Although, you can't see it very well it is gorgeous. There are a lot of mountains and villages, completely different from Chicago. 


The bus from Alicante to Murcia is so cheap!!! It was only 5.22 euros, and it was very simple to get there. I was very happy about that and I was even happier when I arrived to see Alicia and her twin sister waiting for us at the bus station. Ketyra and I had a lot of stuff, so it was a miracle that we had the chance to fit everything in Alicia's car. Alicia dropped us off close to where our apartment was, but we weren't sure where our apartment was. We walked for so long and we couldn't find it anywhere. Alicia's sister gave me her phone so I could call the landlord, and his sister tried to describe where our apartment was but no luck. Later on, we asked some people around the area and they showed us where. I saw our landlord and his sister waiting for us outside the building. The building looked very nice from the outside and the elevators were extremely small that only 4 people max can fit. The landlord showed us the rooms there were a lot of things that needed to be fixed, for example there was no hot water, the couch was missing couch cushions, the washer was broken, etc. Although it sound pretty bad it was still a nice apartment for its price, plus it was in the center of Murcia so it's easier for us to get to places. In addition, our landlord is a very nice guy compared to other landlords that I have heard of. Also, if we have a question or concern he addresses it as fast as he can. 

I also love the view from my apartment! It looks beautiful in the morning, evening, and at night. The weather is amazing! It's not too cold not to hot, just perfect for me. There are a lot of restaurants, shops, and many things to do in Murcia. I will keep updating as much as I can when I get accustomed to Murcia and I will definitely take lots of pictures. 

I also wanted to mention that orientation was pretty fun! There's an international organization called Erasmus Student Network, and they basically help plan trips for all the international students in the University of Murcia. I am very excited about that and I cannot wait to travel all over Spain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment